Who said, being a mompreneur is an easy task? We asked six mompreneurs how their morning routine looks like and what they do to keep themselves productive throughout the day.
From packing the lunchboxes for husband and kids to scheduling the everyday tasks for work- this is the most regular morning routine of a mompreneur. While being an entrepreneur also requires lots of work, just like managing the three teen kids at home.
The Productive Morning Routine of Mompreneurs
A busy day at the office and managing the household things under one roof requires time management. Hence, it is good to feel accomplished and productive both as a parent and as a professional. On one side, you want to spend quality time with kids simultaneously; you need to prepare for an important meeting- making the right decisions for your business at the right time, with not being emotional, this is what a mompreneur looks like.
Take some advice from these six successful mompreneurs who are taking over the world with their productive morning routine. Also, pretty well at maintaining the fine balance between their work and family.
Reviewing my calendar and writing down all the important tasks, Alison Corey, Founder of KeepingThePeas
- As a mom and female entrepreneur, I have to begin my day early in order to set myself up for a productive day ahead.
- I wake up at 5:30 am, while the rest of my family is still asleep. I begin my day with 15–20 minutes of yoga followed by at least 5 minutes of meditation in which I focus on my breath.
- Then I sit down at my desk and review my calendar for the day. I make adjustments as needed. For example, if I didn’t finish a particular task the day before, I put that at the top of my calendar. If I have any appointments I need to work around, I make a note of that.
- Keeping a paper planner beside my computer in which I write down all the tasks that need to be completed within a week helps me stay on track so that by the end of the day, I don’t feel like I haven’t gotten anything done, and by the end of the week, I’m not overwhelmed, or behind.
- After I review my calendar and make any necessary adjustments. I take out a small book called “Do One Thing Every Day That Centers You: A Mindfulness Journal.” Each page has a quote and writing prompt that is meant to inspire, reflect, and move forward.
- It only takes about 5 minutes, but it helps to set a new intention for each day and begin with a bit of reflection either on where I have been or where I want to go with my personal life as well as my business.
By the time I’m able to complete this personal reset each morning, the rest of the family is starting to wake up, and then it’s time for me to get them up and dressed and ready for the day. Once my kids are off to school, then the real work of the day begins!
Jumpstart the day with music and stretching exercise, Lisa Van Groningen Founder of Your Mom Village
- As a busy Mom entrepreneur with kids at home, I like to make my morning the most productive it can be.
- This means starting on the right foot and tackling the most demanding household task first thing in the morning. I love to jumpstart my day with positive, uplifting music and try to have my exercise done before 10 am.
- I have a favorite affirmation that I say to myself often and refer to when I struggle with self-doubt. It is this “Everything I do serves a purpose for my family.” It helps to recenter me when I feel mom’s guilt.
- My morning starts after my affirmation. Before breakfast, I load laundry into the machine. While the laundry is going, I make breakfast, and the kids eat.
- While kids play after breakfast, I listen to my music and clean up breakfast, including cooking and wiping down the kitchen.
- With two of the most demanding tasks out of the way, I can focus on my business during naps and quiet time. But starting my day off with a positive affirmation of my purpose creates a joyful morning and a more harmonious mindset before working on my business in the afternoon.
- I prefer reading Affirmations for Happiness: 200 Affirmations for a Joyful Mindset Every Day — eBook By Kelsey Aida Roulades.
Continue reading 6 Mompreneurs Shared Their Morning Routine For A Productive Day